Day 7


DAY 7 ON THE ISLAND,
 
July 20, 2024
Block Island 


Scott wakes up a 3:30.

 When he sees me moving he proposes a walk to Rodman Hollow which was our plan yesterday.   I said "I need a shower".  Scott:"yeah!".Good thing we did because soon after they shutt off the water for some digging. 


After his too short night Scott gives up on the hike and goes back to sleep (night workers understand that).  I go to the Farmer's Market and get blueberries, lettuce and cucumbers. When Scott wakes up he goes and gets coffee.

Then I make a sandwich for me and a wrap for Scott and we go to Coast Guard Beach. We stay there 6h.  


Boats are coming in all day long.

Scott finishes reading his book so I can read it.


We walk pass the channel and look west at the open ocean in the direction of Montauk. We're thinking of going soon, it's not very far.  We can't see it though.  


Seeing the seaweed I recall learning during the nature walk that they are a hiding place for many sea creatures like seahorses.  That is surprising to me that there are seahorses around here.  I'm looking for them now, it would be clinging by its tail in there.  That would be so cool to see.

Supper : canned beef stew, perfect camping food.


I think it's full moon but we can't see it.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essex Island May 2024

Side by side with SeaTow